Today it’s my turn to show what I made from the pattern – Bowls with borders from Regina Grewe’s. Oh my god how  anxiety I was before I started this up .. Something I never do is to sew paper-piecing .. But after goggle on the net, I took courage to start this up. The way I chose was to do the freezer paper method that was explained in a simple way by  Elaine on this link. I used the sewing riper several times and was almost about to give up because I did not like what I make of it  😉 But finally I put together a few bowls 🙂  and what I´ll do with them I don’t know yet but I think it´ll bee a small tablecloth for me 🙂 I know that I´ll put some decoration on top of the bowl but it´ll come after that I had quilt it. Hope to show this one very soon…

At least I´ll say  Thanks  to the wonderful girls, Carol and Madame Samm,  who had arrange all thing around this blog-hop. The show for Bowls with borders  started at 13th august and ends at 28th august. So if you want to see more Bowls check in at Carol´s blog there you´ll find links to all the lovely girls that part in this Bowls with Borders. Madame Samm has also put up all the block at hers  Pinterest page if you want to see them all together..

Todays Blog-hop girls can you see here..

August 18th

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

Be the first to like.

78 Thoughts on “{Bowls with borders-day 6 . . }

1. Love your fabric choices especially the alphabet and background fabric. Congratulations on being one of the chosen!

2. Very pretty

3. Pretty bowls against a background of swiss dots….looks so antique. Very nice job!

4. cindy on 19 augusti 2012 at 0:33 said:

Sweet stack of bowls. Way to go on paper piecing.

5. Anita on 19 augusti 2012 at 0:48 said:

Love all your colors and background fabric..very cute!

6. Love your fabrics,especially the alphabet one.

7. Lovely bowls and great fabric choices , thanks for sharing .

8. VERY Sweet. I love your bowls 🙂

9. Those are just lovely and your header quilt is gorgeous!

10. Sisca on 19 augusti 2012 at 4:30 said:

I love your bowls : ) Very lady like and sweet … remain me of a particular lady who live in my hometown : )

11. I love the fabrics you chose for your bowls. Your block is gorgeous!!

12. duff on 19 augusti 2012 at 5:59 said:

congratulations on your finished project! It sounds like you have a lot of perseverance and it paid off!!

13. Kudos to you for persevering and winning! Your mini quilt is gorgeous!

14. The colors you chose are so elegant. Very, very pretty…

15. Love your pretty bowls on the dotted background. So feminine and pretty. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

16. Very pretty fabric choices. They look great together. I like the alphabet!

17. Your bowls are beautiful! That paper piecing can be tricky!

18. Cecilia on 20 augusti 2012 at 4:23 said:

You did a great job! They are pretty.

19. Laura on 20 augusti 2012 at 5:59 said:

Your bowls are very pretty.

20. Your stack of bowls is pretty! Love the pink and black together!

21. lovely work thanks for sharing!!

22. Very nice bowls, nice colors!

23. What a sweet set of bowls, very nicely done!

24. Marcia, you did a wonderful job with your bowls. Love the fabric choice…pink and black go so well together. Paper piecing is not an easy technique…you DID IT!! I bonded with my ripper for many hours too…we committed, we accomplished our goal…to make at least one bowl….Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful Wednesday! Pauline

25. SuzK on 22 augusti 2012 at 14:19 said:

Love your bowls – the colors are beautiful. Just took a quick look at your blog and I know I’ll have to go back and look more closely. The colors you use are wonderful and I love the quilt in your title.

26. I am going to be coming back too. There such prettiness here on your blog!! Your bowls turned out very pretty. And I think everyone’s seam ripper got a work out on this!! I know mine did. I am so glad I got to hop by here to see your bowls even if I am late.

27. Maria Kievit on 30 augusti 2012 at 4:10 said:

Love your bowls! Thanks for sharing.

28. Louise on 04 september 2012 at 22:17 said:

Pretty nice! Marica colors:) !
    Kram